Consultation with young people on the World Congress III against Sexual Exploitation of Children and Adolescents, to be held in Rio, Brazil. from November 25 – November 28, 2008. In order to make your contribution and share your ideas with us, please select the category below that suits you best:
• I am a former participant of a World Congress
• I am a national youth representative
• I am an interested young person age 12-18
• I am an interested young person age 18-25
• Print out and translate the consultation tools into local languages and get input from other children and youth in your community, school and country;
• Print out the consultation tools and conduct workshops with children and youth in your community, school and country to help them provide their input into the Congress processes;
• Use the workshops and discussion forums to identify regional themes and priorities in regards to issues that they would like to highlighted at the World Congress III;
• Work with ECPAT groups in your country to engage governments, NGOs, broader spectrum of children and youth to discuss the Congress preparation process as well as hold meetings, roundtable discussions on commercial sexual exploitation of children etc;
• Work with ECPAT groups in your country to engage the government, NGOs and children in preparing the official report for the Congress and in planning for input to other forums of the Congress as each country will need to present a detailed report on their work since the last World Congress.
• Find out with our local ECPAT group or the EICYAC Representative in your region on how you can get involved in the other national and regional preparatory processes
EICYAC stands for ECPAT International Child and Youth Advisory Committee
Who we are:
We are a group of young people from all over the world who fight against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (or short CSEC)
We are affiliated with a wider network called ECPAT (End Child Prostitution Pornography And Trafficking of children for sexual purposes) that consists of 84 organisations in 75 countries.
EICYAC members are between 16 and 25 years old and have had some experience dealing with issues around CSEC, generally through their connection with regional ECPAT groups or other NGO’s
WHY we are important
EICYAC fights for a world in which no child is commercially sexually exploited and we make sure children and young people can be involved by linking up youth groups and working to include those who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation of children as well as those at risk.
We want to make sure policymakers listen to children and youth - the real experts on this matter - to come up with better solutions!