Over the years ECPAT has played a leading part in mobilising and supporting the processes and follow up action of two World Congresses against sexual exploitation of children, ensuring that these events serve as a mechanism to secure commitment and strengthen global action for combating the crimes perpetrated against children. ECPAT continues to play that key role in organising World Congress III with the other lead partners - the Government of Brazil, UNICEF and the NGO Group for the Convention on the Rights of the Child - as we believe that the importance of the processes involved extends far beyond the event itself, generating fundamental changes for the protection of children.
We invite and urge international agencies, civil society groups, children’s networks, private sector, representatives and others to lend their support and participate in World Congress III. The preparatory work that is currently underway provides many opportunities to contribute valuable knowledge, experience and perspectives from stakeholders working actively to protect children. Such input will be of benefit to all. While we also seek financial support for this initiative, we envision and welcome any broader participation in the processes.
ECPAT is mobilising resources to:
• Ensure adequate, appropriate, and timely consultation, planning and preparation for World Congress III against the Sexual Exploitation of Children and Adolescents;
• Facilitate the preparation and review of background documents and theme papers in advance of the Congress;
• Support groundwork for the meaningful participation of a significant number of children and youth in the World Congress III; and
• Encourage and support a wide range of civil society actors, as well as academia and the private sector to take part in the preparatory processes and attend World Congress III.
• write to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about ways you can partner with us and how to become involved; and/or
• make your contribution online by following the “Support Us” section on our homepage.
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you.